Our instructors are the core of our work. They have expertise in movement practices, online group instruction, and enjoy working with older adults and people with cognitive decline.
We are seeking movement Instructors who have genuine passion for working with older adults living with memory loss; the ability to change, grow and learn with us in serving this population; basic technology skills; and the curiosity to learn a new, integrative movement program for working with older adults with memory loss.
We are currently looking for a small number of highly skilled movement instructors to teach the online Moving Together program. Our long-term goal is to scale nationwide and train instructors worldwide.
Who: Movement instructors with certification in the Feldenkrais Method, Rosen Movement, Tai Chi, yoga or a similar movement practice and the following:
- Dementia experience working with people living with memory loss, i.e. mild cognitive impairment, dementia, Alzheimer's disease.
- Certified to teach group movement minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Open to learning and adherence to a new movement program through guidance, feedback and support. To develop as an instructor, you will need to be able to receive feedback well.
- Comfortable with technology - able to use email and zoom correspondence, willingness to learn online teaching methods.
- 1-year commitment minimum with renewal assessed each year.
- Flexible and adaptable as every person with memory loss is different and research is a fluid process subject to change quickly.
- If you are selected to join the research team, you will participate in human subject research training, will learn research methods, and will be required to adhere to research protocols.
What/Where: On-line live-stream training and teaching the PLIÉ/Moving Together program, and if in the SF Bay Area or visiting the area local in person classes are available to visit.
Employment: Part-time employment after a brief voluntary trial period, by mutual agreement.
· Train in the Moving Together Program, an innovative new movement program - at the moment the only way to learn this program.
· Work remotely teaching online classes from home.
· Contribute to research benefiting a very vulnerable population which is growing.
· Learn research ethics and methods.
· Work directly and strategically with brain health.
· Learn additional skills to support your private practice.
· Make a difference in people's lives!